Counselling Aberdeen at Possibilities offers short-term effective solution-focused therapy and positive psychology to help you overcome common difficulties and problems.
Who Can Counselling Aberdeen Help?
Counselling for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire at Possibilities provides confidential therapy for a wide range of issues and life challenges, such as: depression, anxiety, stress and relationship problems.
Everyone has something in their life they would like to change but we often struggle to do so alone. It may be in relation to our self-perceptions, lifestyle, relationships, health, or career.
Counselling in Aberdeen can help you address constraints, manage problems, discover your resources and open up your possibilities.
People attend counselling for many reasons. You may feel stuck, hurt, confused, trapped or lost and that your life is out of control. Perhaps you're wanting to break out of old habits and find more meaning and purpose.
The following are some of the common reasons people come for counselling:
- Overcoming depression, anxiety and panic.
- Coping with family issues.
- Struggling with addictions, weight, body image and eating-related issues.
- Restoring yourself after grief, bereavement or loss.
- Boosting your self-esteem.
- Managing stress.
- Making important decisions.
- Living with chronic or terminal illness.
- Resolving relationship dilemmas (personal and work).
- Finding more meaning and purpose in your life.
- Finding a better work-life balance.
- Exploring identity, sexuality and spirituality.
- Adressing abuse, neglect and trauma.
- Adapting and learning from life transitions such as leaving home, changing job, mid-life and later-life issues.
- Building stepping stones to take your life forward and reach your goals.
How does Counselling help?
Counselling is tailored to your needs and helps you work through problems with professional guidance to make the crucial differences that will take your life forward.
In order to work through problems at your pace, we believe that feeling safe and understood are an important part of the process.
We use a range of effective therapies, such as: solution-focused therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), narrative therapy and collaborative therapies which also help you develop effective living skills.
It can be a great relief talking to a counsellor who really listens, does not judge and will not demand that you act on their suggestions.
Counselling can help you find strategies for coping with difficulties and help you develop new ways of being in the world.
How many meeting are required?
The number of meetings required really depends on the nature of your concerns. Therapy can be short-term with only two or three sessions needed or, where the situation is quite stuck, it may last several weeks or months.
All communications are treated with the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre has a wide range of services available to people from Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray and Grampian.
Possibilities Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre
31 Jopp's Lane